Note: current files can always be found at jetstreamfinale.com
Install Stream Deck Software
- Install the Stream Deck desktop application from Downloads | elgato.com.
- There are Two different options for Stream Decks that work with the current setup:
The Stream Deck XL for Windows will be supported in future releases.
Syncing the iOS app with your Computer
- Ensure both your iPhone/iPad and computer are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Click on “Stream Deck” in the upper left hand corner of the app and select “Add iPhone”.
- Scan the QR code presented on your screen with your iPhone/iPad.
Install JW Lua
- Find your Finale plug-ins folder (If you’re not sure where it is, you can always check in the Folders section of your Finale Preferences). The default location for Finale 26 is “C:\Program Files\MakeMusic\Finale\26\Plug-ins”.
- Navigate to that folder in File Manager and create a new folder called “JW Lua” (note the space) and open it.
- Use the following links to download JW Lua:
- Locate the downloaded zip file and extract the contents into the “JW Lua” folder you created in step 2.
Download the Latest JetStream files
Visit jetstreamfinale.com and download:
- The current Windows Stream Deck Profile Set .zip file containing:
- The main JetStream Finale Controller profile
- The JetStream Current profile (for your own customizations)
- The JetStream.exe macro program.
- The current JetStream.lua script.
Install the JetStream.lua script
- Copy the JetStream.lua file you downloaded to a location you can remember.
- You may want to use the “JW Lua” folder you created above.
- Another option might be a cloud synced folder that you access from multiple computers.
- Launch Finale, and open a document (the Plug-in menu is not available without an open document).
- Choose Plug-ins > JW Lua > JW Lua…. The JW Lua plug-in appears.
- Select the Manager tab.
- Under Plug-in Groups, select Menu.
- In the Items in Group section, click New. An Open dialog box appears.
- Navigate to where you copied JetStream.lua and choose JetStream.lua. Click Open, and the JetStream lua script should appear in the list at the bottom of the plug-in
- You may get a warning that changes will not be reflected until you restart Finale. Close this dialog box, close the plug-in, and exit Finale so that the menu updates.
- Launch Finale again, and open a document so the plug-ins aren’t grayed out. “JetStream Finale Controller” should appear under Plug-ins > JW Lua.
Install JetStream.exe Automation Application
- JetStream uses the AutoIT scripting language to interface with Finale’s menus directly. Download the latest version of JetStream.exe from the main JetStream website and copy it to a new folder called “C:\Program Files\Elgato\StreamDeck\JetStream”. You may need Administrator Privileges to do this.
Install and Configure the JetStream Stream Deck Profiles
You can install Stream Deck profiles by simply double clicking them. To get the full functionality of JetStream and JetStream Current, make sure they are linked to one another.
- Using the Stream Deck configuration software, switch to the JetStream Finale Controller profile, and choose the “Custom Control” icon in the upper left.
2. This button will have reverted to “Next Profile.” Set it instead to switch to “JetStream Current.”
3. Now switch to the “JetStream Current” profile and find the “JetStream Control” button, and change it to switch to the main “JetStream Finale Controller” profile.
NOTE THAT THIS STEP WILL NEED TO BE REPEATED WHENEVER YOU UPDATE THE JETSTREAM PROFILE