Note: current files can always be found at jetstreamfinale.com
Install Stream Deck Software
- Install the Stream Deck desktop application from Downloads | elgato.com.
Note: Make sure you are working on an admin account for versions 4.3 or earlier. The desktop version has a known bug which happens on non-admin accounts which Elgato will fix in version 4.4.
- There are Two different options for Stream Decks that work with the current setup:
The Stream Deck XL for Mac is currently in beta and will be supported in future releases.
- JetStream makes extensive use of mushoo’s RunAppleScript plug-in to call Finale menu items directly. Download the plug-in here.
- Double click on the downloaded file com.mushoo.RunAppleScript.streamDeckPlugin to install it.
Once installed, you may delete the file from your downloads. The RunAppleScript plug-in should now appear as an option in your Stream Deck software, at the bottom of the list of Actions on the right.
If it doesn’t, click located in the upper right of the Stream Deck app, scroll down and check the “Custom” and “RunAppleScript” options:
Note: You may be prompted to allow the Stream Deck app to use the accessibility features. If so, go to System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Accessibility, and check Stream Deck from the menu. You may need to authenticate the decision with an administrator username and password.
Syncing the iOS app with your Computer
- Ensure both your iPhone/iPad and computer are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Click on “Stream Deck” in the upper left hand corner of the app and select “Add iPhone”.
- Scan the QR code presented on your screen with your iPhone/iPad.
Install JW Lua
- Find your Finale plug-ins folder (If you’re not sure where it is, you can always check in the Folders section of your Finale Preferences). The default locations for various versions are:
Finale v26: /Library/Application Support/MakeMusic/Finale 26/Plug-ins
Finale v25: /Library/Application Support/MakeMusic/Finale/Plug-ins
Finale 2014.5: /Library/Application Support/MakeMusic/Finale 2014.5/Plug-ins
- Navigate to that folder in the Finder and create a new folder called “JW Lua” (note the space) and open it.
- Use the following links to download JW Lua:
- Locate the downloaded zip file and double-click it to create a .bundle file. For Finale 25 and later this will be jwlua64.bundle. For earlier versions it will be jwlua.bundle.
- Add the .bundle file to the JW Lua folder created in step 2.
Download the Latest JetStream files
Visit jetstreamfinale.com and download:
- The current Mac Stream Deck Profile Set .zip file containing:
- The main JetStream Finale Controller profile
- The JetStream Current profile (for your own customizations)
- If you did not install mushoo’s RunAppleScript plug-in earlier, do so now.
- The current JetStream.lua script.
Install the JetStream.lua script
- Copy the JetStream.lua file you downloaded to a location you can remember.
- You may want to use the Library/Application Support/MakeMusic/Finale…./Plug-ins/JW Lua folder you created above.
- Another option might be a cloud synced folder that you access from multiple computers.
- Launch Finale, and open a document (the Plug-in menu is not available without an open document).
- Choose Plug-ins > JW Lua > JW Lua…. The JW Lua plug-in appears.
- Select the Manager tab.
- Under Plug-in Groups, select Menu.
- In the Items in Group section, click New. An Open dialog box appears.
- Navigate to where you copied JetStream.lua and choose JetStream.lua. Click Open, and the JetStream lua script should appear in the list at the bottom of the plug-in.
- You may get a warning that changes will not be reflected until you restart Finale. Close this dialog box, close the plug-in, and exit Finale so that the menu updates.
- Launch Finale again, and open a document so the plug-ins aren’t grayed out. “JetStream Finale Controller” should appear under Plug-ins > JW Lua.
Install and Configure the JetStream Stream Deck Profiles
The main JetStream profile file will be named something like this: “JetStream Mac 200501.streamDeckProfile”. The file name should be appropriate for your device (e.g. JetStream or JetStream ProXL), your platform (Mac) and also provides a version number. To install this Stream Deck profile, simply double click on it.
Each install download also contains a second file which we provide for Custom Control – a place you can copy and organize your own sets of shortcuts.
This file is labeled something like “1-time install Mac – use For Your Custom Shortcuts.streamDeckProfile”. You install this file the same way; by double clicking on it. Once you start creating your own custom shortcuts within this profile, you should not replace this profile since that would overwrite your own custom shortcuts. But we will continue to provide this custom control profile with each update for new users.
To get the full functionality of JetStream and JetStream Custom Control / Current, make sure they are linked to one another. “Custom Control” is a special type of button in the Stream Deck which connects two related profiles together.
- Using the Stream Deck configuration software, make sure the JetStream Finale Controller profile is frontmost in the Stream Deck application, and choose the “Custom Control” icon in the upper left.
2. Set the destination Profile to “JetStream Current.” (Note that you will have to do this each time you update to a new version of JetStream Finale Controller as well).
3. Now you need to open the “JetStream Current” profile. This “custom” or “current” profile also needs to link *back* to the main JetStream Finale Controller profile.
Locate the “JetStream Control” button at the top left, and in the Profile: popup, choose “JetStream Finale Controller”. You will now be able to navigate between your Custom (Current) profile and the main JetStream Finale Controller profile for maximum productivity.
If you are just starting out we recommend that you first familiarize yourself with the various groups of tools and functions built into the main JetStream before experimenting with creating your own task groups.
Once you are ready to start creating your own custom control layouts, simply copy any button from the main JetStream Finale Controller to your computer clipboard (don’t CUT!), then switch to the JetStream Current profile and paste into your desired location.